1) That I would have to be a business person and help to market my books as well as writing them.
2)That there would be only a few main line publishers left and fewer opportunities to publish with them. That even if successfully published by them you would be still be expected to help market the books.
3) That self-publishing would be considered an acceptable option, often preferable to traditional publishing because of the autonomy it provides.
4) That self-publishing through a company such as Clink Street Publishing is a respected route to self-publishing, very different from discredited Vanity Publishing.
5) The importance of deciding on a potential readership before starting a novel, focusing on targeting a particular demographic group. The realisation that literary writing is not necessarily incompatible with genre writing.
6) The importance of building a fan base of readers interested in my work and my next book.
7) The importance of raising an online presence through keeping my website up to date, writing blogs and engaging with other bloggers and writers.
8) The importance of time management – allotting time for affiliated writing pursuits as well as novel writing: the importance of becoming accustomed to multi-tasking.
9) The importance of social media in the raising of my profile as a writer, such as Twitter, Facebook etc.
10) The importance of engaging with other writers for support and advice, for example through community groups on Linked In, Goodreads, Amazon and organisations such as the Alliance of Independent Authors.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.